Monday, December 21, 2009

Marjorie Kanter Short Literary Pieces and Im/politeness

the Locker room

one lady leaves,
leaving the door open behind her.
a second, half-nude, runs to close it.
a little later
she is finished dressing and
leaves the door open behind (her).
a third hurries to cerrarla.
she leaves and i run to close up.
i finish dressing and then i leave
closing the door for the empty-emptied room,
the door and the room not being able
to do it for themselves.

-------------Marjorie Kanter from "I displace the air as I walk"

2. Mint Tea

I served my
neighbor
salt
in her
mint tea.

We're still
friends.

-------------Marjorie Kanter from "I displace the air as I walk"

3.

madre e hijo

Ella le dijo: Cómete los (e)spaghettis.
Él le dijo: No quiero más.
Por ello le dio un tirón de orejas.
El dijo que no, por segunda vez.
Ella le volvió a tirar de las orejas y el repitió QUE NO.
A la cuarta vuelta,
había recibido suficientes tirones de orejas
y acabó los (e)spaghettis,
dej(ando) el plato limpio,
sin rastro.

Cuando se marcharon,
me dí cuenta
(de) que él
tenia las orejas
(muy) grandes,
más grandes de lo normal.

-----translated from the English, from The Saddle Stitch Notebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment